- coexistence of print and digital printbalance.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/the… 8 years ago
- Life cycle of digital library materials printbalance.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/man… 8 years ago
- requirements for digital preservation printbalance.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/dig… 8 years ago
- cost and access in digital material printbalance.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/dig… 8 years ago
- Printed or digital? printbalance.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/is-… 8 years ago
- animation apple better book brand britishinformation build CEO changing color come content cost create creation creative creativity decision digital doodle education ehow environment experience formats from function glass glossary good graphic ideas IDEO inspiring ira issues job jobs johnson journal marketing material media notes online platform position preservation primary print printbalance printed printers printing problems programming project publishing research school steps steve steven technology techonology terms textbooks tips trend tutorial type video virtual what where
Tag Archives: printbalance
“The peaceful coexistence of print and digital media” is a compilation of notes from the 2006 Fisher Forum: “Book Arts, Culture, and Media in Russia, Eastern Europe and Eurasia: From Print to Digital” In the following topics you can find the main issues concerning the managing of digital resouces by the University of Michigan regarding digitalization and print. Continue reading
Digital preservation is considered an obstacle to build digital libraries in a sustainable way. In this article presents an approach to the requirements of preservation, and current models of digital archives.
Plans for a new facility are based on the assumption of a large and growing collection of digital resources. Such a collection should reduce reliance on print collections. Because of the unpredictability in economics and access of digital material, it is important to ensure that we are prepared in terms of space and budget. The underlying assumption may not be the one we imagined.
Is digital material better than printed?
There is a lot to consider before your business switches from sending out printed material to sending out digital and here are a few tips to help you make that decision a little more easily.
To print or not to print? Prevent waste, gain space… sounds great.
Most businesses print things: leaflets, brochures, catalogues, newsletters, magazines, Christmas cards. But print and posting such material is costly – a still bigger factor in tough times, when costs are rising but sales aren’t. Here are 4 tips to decide.
This video is a design exploration of digital reading that seeks to identify new opportunities for audiences, designers, and authors to discover, consume, and connect in different formats.
As more digital information is being consumed, IDEO designers wondered why we continue to discover the old analog, page-turning model. What happens when the reading experience catches up with new technologies?
This glossary includes all the technical and business terms in the book, Getting it Printed, copyright © 1993 by Mark Beach. Used by permission of North Light Books, a division of F&W Publications, Inc. (800) 289-0963. In addition, it has many terms not used in the book but which are part of the graphic arts lexicon.
In programming terms, the printBalance() command is a virtual function that ensures that the correct function is called for an object, regardless of the expression used to make the function call. Just like the physical function every type on paper has since their very birth.